This is one of those quick little recipes that packs a wallop of flavor! It’s wonderful in summer, but even in the dead of winter, supermarket zucchini will take you back to the lazy days of summer. Serve it with Greek-Style Roasted Potatoes and a supermarket broasted chicken and you’re all set. We’re going to move right onto the recipe….
- 5-6 zucchini (you can use a mixture of green and yellow)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (I usually use more)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 1/3-1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 10-12 good quality pitted black olives
Cut the squash into 1/2-inch thick slices (or a little thicker). Throw the slices into a large, heavy skillet (I used cast iron). Add all the ingredients, except the feta cheese and the olives. Place in a 425°F oven and roast for 20 minutes, stirring at least 2 times during the process. Continue to cook until the pieces have the texture you prefer. You may also cook these on top of the stove over medium-high heat (you may want to partially cover the skillet).
When the zucchini is done, pour into a bowl (or serve from the skillet). Sprinkle the feta over the zucchini and toss the olives on top. Serve with hot or at very warm room temperature.
Greek-Style Zucchini Recipe©Marcia Lahens 2021. All rights reserved.